Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday

I'm a little bitter that my TV shows got pre-empted tonight by NCAA basketball. I dont mind some sports, but college b-ball is not on my list of things to watch. I did manage to find a recent episode of Top Chef on Hulu.com, so at least I wasn't forced to spend my evening being productive or anything. Well, except for doing more laundry. Because Ethan saw that I was done with the laundry and so had to immediately vomit all over himself and me and the floor.

Daniel's first day at his new job went well. He emailed me this afternoon to tell me that he has a view of Smith Tower from his office. That's where we got married. So that's cool. My job was less great today. I take that back, the job was fine, my brain was just not there. But I muddled through the day and actually got a few things accomplished in the end. I have to say, I'm completely baffled by my coworkers. They sit quietly in their offices all day, only emerging once for lunch and maybe one other time. I'm out of my chair and going to the bathroom/the drinking fountain/looking for a snack/watching the construction cranes out the window and being thankful I'm not one of the crane operators and dont have to climb ALL THE WAY UP TO THE TOP!!! (How do they do that, anyway?). I never really grasped the concept of sitting still and focusing. So it confuses me when everyone else around me does it so well.

Tomorrow Ethan and I have the condo to ourselves again. First time in several weeks that we'll be home on a weekday without Daniel. I'm kind of looking forward to getting back to my normal routine. And I think there's a trip to Target in our future, assuming Ethan's feeling better tomorrow.

Time to go to bed and dream happy Target dreams.

Photo from our Victoria trip

No comments: