Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Completely loopy on allergy medicine

Okay, so here in Seattle it rained on Thursday, was decent on Friday, was 70+ degrees on Saturday, then down to 50 on Sunday, rained and thunderstormed (while still being cold) on Monday, and rained more on Tuesday. This is doing WONDERS for my sinuses. We have the loveliness of the pressure changes plus the fun of all of the trees/flowers that bloomed during the warm spell last week.

BUT- I GET TO TAKE MEDICINE NOW!!! I am FINALLY no longer pregnant or nursing!!!!!!! You have no idea how happy this makes me. Slightly below the "getting to wear pretty bras" joy.

Yeah, so I have no tolerance for medicine any more. I spent most of the day yesterday at my desk, staring at the screen and trying to make sense of the words. Today I skipped the morning medicine, as Ethan was participating in a hearing study at the University, and I had to operate the car. But then we were home and it was fair game. Ethan and I have spent a lot of time today staring at the ceiling and his toys with similar senses of awe and wonder. Apparently allergy medicine reduces me to the intelligence level of an 8 month old.

So, my parents return tomorrow from their side trip to Portland. Which means that as of tomorrow we'll be back to sharing a bedroom with Ethan, a living room/kitchen with my parents and a bathroom with the cats. For 6 more days. I love having guests, but I would love it a whole lot more if we had another couple hundred square feet to share.

I hear the munchkin, better close and go rescue him from his crib. Which is apparently an evil and bad place to be, according to him. Gotta run!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

SO hard when the medicine gets you all fuzzy. I've had to call in support before when I was on meds because I could not stay awake.