Friday, March 28, 2008

You just can't avoid these things

Today is my birthday. I'm 31. I was completely freaked out about turning 31 when I thought about it a few weeks ago. But today I'm too worn out from a week of dealing with the cranky baby, so I dont care. I think being 31 makes me a grown-up or something though. I'll have to look into that.

The mini-vacation planning continues. We've gone from looking at Mexico and San Diego to San Francisco or staying local and going to Bainbridge Island or one of the San Juans. The only problem with the local areas is that they are designed for 1) relaxing and 2) enjoying nature. I dont really relax, and the thought of nature makes me itch. I told Daniel that I was going to break out in hives from reading the list of activities at some of the inns "hiking, walking, bird watching..." I'm really just cut out for city life. Hopefully he'll figure out something today.

Off to Starbucks to buy myself a birthday latte!

3 comments:

maggie said...

Happy Birthday!

We're on the same mini vacation planning trajectory. Started big, getting smaller...

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Hope you had a good day and enjoyed your Starbucks!

JaniceNW said...

Happy Birthday Carrie!!

If it makes you feel better I turned 46 on the 10th so you're a baby to me!


Janice from SE King Co(we met at Method party)