Monday, March 31, 2008

Up WAY before daylight

Ethan woke me up at 4:45 this morning, and, rather than going back to bed for 30 minutes after I finished feeding him, I just stayed up. Mostly because I have a cold, so getting to sleep is a major accomplishment, between the coughing and sniffing, and my husband probably deserves a bit more uninterrupted sleep without me and my sound effects. I was pretty much totally awake anyway. Nursing the baby while coughing is kind of funny. Ethan's VERY particular about his environment while he's eating, and I seem to be deeply offending him when I cough. He comes off, stares at me, as if to say "Are you done? I'm trying to eat here?", then turns back to eating, while watching me out of the corner of his eye. Too funny.

By Friday night my husband was still set on the vacation idea, but we'd decided to stick close to home and not attempt an airline flight. We tossed around ideas- Bainbridge Island, Port Townsend, Yakima (for the wineries), then decided to just go with the old stand-by trip, Victoria. We really like Victoria and it's pretty cheap this time of year. We actually are even going to be able to stay at the Fairmont Empress, which should be a fun experience. So, now we just have to get through a few days of work, then it's off on our two day mini-break. Hurray!

1 comment:

The Tacheny's said...

Yeehaw - we are going to Victoria too :)