Sunday, March 16, 2008

The long week begins

This week, 6000 scientists from my field descend upon Seattle. For me, this is a good/weird/exhausting thing. The activities began tonight with going out for dinner with my boss and my group manager, who are in town from Cambridge, Mass. for the conference. We went to Tilth, a great Seattle restaurant that just got a good review in the New York Times. It was definitely well-deserved. I'm not a foodie, but I was still very impressed. We had great food, nice wine and good conversation. Weird conversation at times, especially when we were discussing my breast pump, but I'm getting used to discussions like that. Fortunately, my coworkers are mostly women, and the one guy who was with us also has a newborn and a wife who works, so no one was traumatized by discussing pumping.

Tomorrow I get to go hang out with all my science peeps, including all my bosses from my entire employment history. It's always interesting to see what everyone is up to. And I like to stock up on all the free pens that are given away at these events. Good pens. Nice pens.

I'm tired now. I have to go to bed. Good night.

No comments: