Monday, March 10, 2008

Daylight savings time bites

Here we are again, 6 AM on a Monday morning and I'm sitting at the computer, trying to wake up enough to not screw up the projects I need to be working on. I think this is going to be a 2 cup of coffee day. The darkness this morning is a little more depressing than usual, since I know it's going to be around for a while yet. I'm not a fan of daylight savings time, especially this year, now that my life really runs from 5 AM-8 PM. I get up early, so have to function in darkness for a large part of my morning. Then I'm tired too soon in the evening to actually enjoy/acknowledge the extra hours of daylight then. At least the baby is still sleeping, as he seems to think it's earlier than it is.

He's still coughing/sneezing. He was doing a little better on Saturday, so we did go to Canada, then by Sunday morning he was worse again, so we just hung out at my in-laws condo and didn't go to their church.

We actually had a really nice weekend at my in-laws. We took our time driving up on Saturday and arrived in the early afternoon. At which point I passed off the baby, and spent the rest of the afternoon watching cable TV and sitting around. The great thing about the language barrier is that I don't even really have to participate in most of the conversations or listen to know what's going on. It's a total brain vacation. Daniel and I went out for dinner in the evening, after Ethan went to bed. As a bonus, their internet was broken, so there was no chance of anyone checking their email or getting distracted by the computer.

So, that's the summary from here. Now it's the beginning of what's going to be a very long couple of weeks. My annual national conference is starting next week, with my coworkers coming in from points afar starting next weekend, so there will be lots to do. I'm looking forward to it, though, it'll be fun to be back in science world for a while.

No comments: