Thursday, March 27, 2008

Apparently we're going on a mini-vacation

Daniel and I had the news on this morning in separate rooms. I was in Ethan's room, doing his morning feeding, and Daniel was wandering around the living room, getting ready for another fun day of trying to work with wife and baby underfoot. The news had a lovely story about last minute vacations to places with actual sunshine. By the time I emerged from Ethan's room, Daniel had Expedia up and running and was hunting for a fairly affordable trip for next weekend. But then he had to start working, so I inherited the searching.

People, I'm about to gouge my eyeballs out from the stress of it all. There are SO many websites and travel search engines. And where should we go and should we rent a car or use a shuttle or.... And to top it all off, Ethan's sick, and I'm really not that excited about the idea of going anywhere with a cranky baby. And I keep trying to hint to Daniel that traveling with Ethan is not particularly relaxing under the best of circumstances. But Daniel really wants a mini-break before he starts his new job. This is important to him. He deserves a vacation. I need to suck it up and just hope for the best.

Thankfully he had to go to a meeting this afternoon, so I have a few hours to work on my attitude. I think I need more chocolate.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Why don't you take a short 3-day cruise? We did a short one to Ensenada for my birthday a few years ago and it was nice. Ethan is small enough and not mobile that it would be pretty easy to have him along.