Friday, February 1, 2008

The last day

Today is my last day of maternity leave. I cant believe it's been 6 months already. It went fast. And, at the same time, my life as it was in that last week in the office pre-Ethan, well, it seems like a million years ago.

I've been up since 4:30, thanks to Mr. Baby's internal alarm clock, which goes off at 4:30. Every morning. Today there was no snooze button on the internal alarm. I finally broke down and fed him at 6, then decided to go to the gym, since I was up anyway. This is a good thing, because now we can go to SushiLand for dinner tonight, since I wont have to go work out this evening.

To you Seattle readers- I'm thinking of organizing a group to walk in the Walk for Hope, which is in October at Warren Magnusson Park. I'll probably try to get people from church involved as well. Anyone out there interested? Anyone done this event in past years and have any advice? We were looking at the Breast Cancer 3-day, but that's a bit much for us at this point, especially since you have to train for it, and all my friends at church are still nursing. This one-day event seems like a good alternative.

Okay, I'm going to spend today cleaning and snuggling with the baby. Must have a spotless house for my return to work on Monday. I have tomorrow to clean too, as Daniel's abandoning me this weekend for a church men's retreat. It's kind of good timing, as I'll be ready to put Ethan in daycare on Monday after spending the weekend alone with him :)

1 comment:

AZMom said...

Oh I hated going back to work after we adopted our kids! I hope Monday goes well! Hug your baby tight this weekend!