Friday, February 8, 2008

I think he's faking

Well, we made it through two whole days of work/daycare before Ethan had to stay home sick. That has to be some sort of new record. He was up most of the night screaming at us about his fever (not super high, but high enough to make him uncomfortable) and his upset tummy. I completely screwed up yesterday and had broccoli with dinner. A lot of it. Not thinking that the reason why I hadnt eaten broccoli in ages is that it makes the baby's tummy upset. Whoops.

So, today his daddy and I blearily took his temperature, only to see that it was still above 100, too high for daycare. Daniel went to work (hopefully without falling asleep on the bus), and I've been juggling sick baby care/work all day. This afternoon he was fussy, so I put him on the couch and turned on the TV. Instant quiet. Even sleep. Which leads me to wonder if this whole "fever" thing was just a ploy to get mommy to plant him in front of the TV.

We're hoping that he's better soon, because yesterday was Chinese New Year, and this weekend is the celebration down in Seattle's Chinatown. Daniel doesnt get good Chinese food that often, so he's always looking for a reason for us to head down to the International District. I hope we get to go- I think Ethan would enjoy the dancing and bright colors and sounds of the festival.

Happy Lunar New Year to you all!

1 comment:

maggie said...

HELLO, I am ALSO in Seattle and we could totally be freaked out by the fish eyeballs at the SAME RESTAURANT!!!