Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hi.


We went to the zoo on Tuesday; Daniel took the day off work to belatedly celebrate our anniversary, since we had to work on Monday. We saw a bunch of animals, including these hippos. I was totally shaped just like that, and weighed approximately the same when I was pregnant with Ethan. I feel connected to these hippos, somehow.





Other than that, it's just been a week. Thankfully the sun is still shining here. I'm not sure that I would have gotten through the week otherwise. Not too much going on this weekend, so hopefully Daniel and I will have some time to rest and regroup and actually talk.

I think the lyrics to this Greg Long song, "Everything is Gonna Be Alright", best sum up things right now- I cant remember if I've posted them before, but they frequently come to mind during those relatively minor but still tough and annoying trials:

What can I say, when faith slips away into doubt
And the fear that I feel, is incredibly real, and there's no way out
Everything is shaken, hope is almost taken, but there is something making me say

I'm good I'm fine, but I've seen better days.
Maybe say a prayer when you think of me, I could use some help when you're on your knees
The Lord is kind, I know He's gonna see me through
Everything is gonna be alright

I'm holding onto the mercy and truth of His plan
I'll weather this storm, safe in the warmth of my Father's hand
But through the healing stages, I will stand courageous
Though the hurting rages in me

There is trouble on every side, but I'm not broken
I have been struck down, but I am not destroyed
Persecuted but I'm not abandoned
My hope is in the Lord, my hope is in the Lord...
Everything is gonna be all right
Everything is gonna be all right

1 comment:

Pam said...

The hippo comment made me laugh out loud! I too can totally relate:)

The words to that song were exactly what I needed hear. Thank you.