Monday, February 4, 2008

Here we go

This feels a little like the first day of school. Except I slept better than I ever did the night before the first day of school.

Daniel had a great weekend at the church men's retreat. For which I'm so glad. He's such a cheerful, positive person, but even he's been a little discouraged lately, since his job is pretty tough on top of all of the changes and adjustments going on at home.

Amusingly, I got up at 5:30 this morning, to be sure that I had plenty of time to get ready so I could start working by 6. I was ready by 5:37. I forgot how much I've trimmed down my morning routine since becoming a mom.

So, the plan for today is to let the baby sleep, then after his brief morning nap, we'll take him over to daycare and leave him there until about noon. Then Daniel will take off the afternoon to entertain him while I try to get in as many hours as I can today. This week is going to be challenging, since Ethan's not going to daycare for the full day on his three days. Too soon for that for all of us. But I still have to try to work as close to my normal hours as possible. Hopefully we'll be able to juggle things. And, very hopefully, we can get the condo vaccumed after we take him to daycare this morning. He's scared of the vaccum cleaner right now, so the cat hair is really starting to pile up!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sounds like a great schedule to ease into! Glad you're feeling so upbeat this morning. :)

Are you working from home?