Sunday, February 10, 2008

6 months old!


6 months ago I was lying in a hospital bed, waiting for my doctor to wrap up her appointments for the day and get to the hospital so that I could PUSH ALREADY!!! I can't believe it's been 6 months already. Everyone said that the time would go quickly, and they were right. Ethan's been a joy for every bit of those 6 months, even during the poopy diapers and sleepless nights. Daniel and I are so very blessed.



This photo is from yesterday at the Seattle Lunar New Year celebration. Which, sorry to say, kind of sucked. And now that I think about it, it was pretty boring last year too. We drove to the International District to go to the festival instead of taking the bus, since Ethan's not feeling well and I didnt want him exposed to more random germs. But driving in Chinatown on any Saturday is just a bad idea, much less on the day when the Lunar New Year celebration is going on. Daniel and I rarely argue, but trying to find parking in Chinatown inevitably causes an argument. Yesterday was no different. But we finally did find a parking spot and hauled ourselves and Ethan to Daniel's favorite Chinese restaurant. Where he ate less than usual (he's got a cold), but still managed to down almost his own body weight (not difficult) in Chinese food. Ethan was fawned over by people sitting at the table next to us, which I always appreciate.

Then we went to the New Year celebration. Waited in a shockingly straight line out front to get in. Then realized that the entire celebration consisted of a stage with some martial arts demonstrations, and some booths set up by random banks in the area. We didn't stay long.

Today the boys both still had nasty colds and I had a headache, so we had to miss church. Which was sad, since it was our church's 10th anniversary potluck today. We listened to last week's sermon online, and have spent the rest of the day doing miscellaneous chores/grocery shopping/etc. Hopefully everyone will be better tomorrow for work and daycare- we need one good day before Ethan gets his 6 month shots on Tuesday and everything descends into mayhem again.

We're going to have a little 6 month celebration for Ethan tonight- we got some cake in Chinatown yesterday and I bought candles today. I'm actually much less excited about the cake than usual, since Chinese cake isn't sweet enough for my American taste buds. But it always looks so pretty!

So that's my recap of this weekend. I was going to post deep thoughts that I've been thinking. But I've already forgotten some of them, so I'll hold off for now. Maybe my brain will return tomorrow from wherever it's gone off to. I hope!

No comments: