Thursday, January 31, 2008

Never watch Biggest Loser with a thin person

I watched Biggest Loser on Tuesday night with my husband. To give some background, I'm 5'1", and definitely not thin. I had lost a bunch of weight on Weight Watchers before the baby, but am now about 25 pounds above my goal weight and at least 20 pounds above my pre-baby weight. Daniel is 5'4" (yeah, our kid is going to be a giant, really!) and might weigh 120 pounds. With all his clothes on. Like all the clothes he owns. And it's virtually all muscle, because he (gasp) enjoys working out.

I love him anyway.

So, there we were, watching TV. And it got to the weigh-in part of the show, and one person didnt lose weight, despite cutting calories. Daniel looked at me in confusion and said "but if you cut calories, you will always lose weight, right". Then another person gained weight, despite doing everything right. Daniel said "but that's impossible. If they're working out and eating right, they'll lose weight." I also had to try to convince him that women have a harder time losing weight than men. The whole conversation just left him completely confused. And left me tired. So I went and ate a snack. :)

I've spent the last two days trying to find software for compiling all of the videos of Ethan that we've taken this year, so that I can burn them onto a DVD for the grandparents. And I really want to label the videos on the DVD so that the grandparents know what they're watching. Sounds easy, doesnt it. Two days of my life down the drain, and I still cant get it to work. It's very frustrating.

No comments: