Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Have I mentioned how much I love weekends?

I'm on day 2 of my last week of maternity leave. Today is a mentally stable day, so I'm not sad about the imminent arrival of daycare/accounting for every moment of my time/getting up at 5:30 AM. Really I'm not. But tomorrow I probably will be.

I think Ethan and I are going to stay close to home today. I have things that I could do, but nothing that I should do. So I probably wont do much at all. Except watch my baby try to figure out how to escape from his crib/exersaucer/swing/bebepod chair to catch whichever cat made the mistake of walking too close to him. He's so freaking cute. He did learn how to roll from back to from this past week, so I think the cats' days of freedom from tail pulling are limited.

So, back to the title of this post. I know I've mentioned this before, but I love weekends, mainly because Daniel's home and I love spending time with him. We actually spent the day doing different things on Saturday, then went out for Korean food on Saturday night. People always look nervous when we walk into the restaurant with a baby, but so far (I know that'll change) Ethan is well-behaved about 99% of the time. And it's really important to us both to have Ethan learn how to behave in restaurant and travel and church situations, because these are important parts of our lives and we're not planning to change that too much.

Sunday was a REALLY fun day though. Went to church, heard a great sermon on accountability. Drove up north to the home of some friends of Daniel's. Ethan fell asleep immediately in the car on our way home, and Daniel jokingly said to me "he's sleeping so well, we should just keep driving." To which I said "let's go to IKEA". So we did. I was nervous about finding a place to feed Ethan, but IKEA has wonderful baby care rooms with a nice chair for nursing and a changing table and all the things you need. It's wonderful. And we got some great deals at IKEA and were able to redecorate our bedroom for a small amount of money. It's nice to have a change every once in a while. All in all it was just a really fun day, and I got to spend it with my two favorite people. You just cant beat days like that. One of the reasons I fell in love with Daniel was that I enjoyed just being around him, even if we weren't doing anything special. He's just a great person to be around. And many years later I still feel the same way about him!

1 comment:

The Beast Mom said...

I just have to say this: WHAT A FREAKIN' ADORABLE BABY! That photo is too cute.

-bm

p.s. Thanks for your comment today.