Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I was off shopping on Friday- very successfully finding lots of great clothes at dirt-cheap prices. Always fun. Then my friend stayed in the evening and she and I went to happy hour while the baby stayed home with Daniel. That was fun too.

Then came the weekend, which was very productive and lots of cleaning/organizing got done around our condo. It's still ongoing. I love a nice organized home. Hopefully we can keep it that way for more than a week.

Unfortunately, the weekend was a little overshadowed by some ongoing family conflicts. I have no idea how we're going to deal with it.

Then yesterday we were productive again. Went to the Canadian consulate and dropped off the forms for Ethan's Canadian citizenship card. Got eye exams. I find it (rather irrationally) annoying that my 40-year old husband needs no eye correction at all, while I cant even see that there are letters up on the eye exam screen if I remove my glasses/contacts. BUT- my husband's generally crappy health insurance pulled through for me on the eye exam front, when I was able to get a year's supply of contacts for 66 cents. Groovy!

Last night we were able to watch the Seattle fireworks at the Needle from our bedroom window. The fireworks that stopped working halfway through. Some computer glitch. Ethan did get woken up by the firecrackers and yelling and fireworks, but we got him back to sleep by 1 AM.

So- that's the recap of our lives lately. I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve and that you will have a very blessed 2008.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sooo sorry to hear about the continued daycare drama. What a drag.

Glad you had an otherwise good weekend with victorious shopping. Woot!