Friday, January 18, 2008

Another problem with being an "older" mom

I've discovered another problem with being an "older" mom. I make noise when I walk. Usually when the baby is napping and I go in to check on him, I'm coming from the living room, where I've been sitting down. So I get up and my back cracks and my knees pop. And they're still doing it when I go into Ethan's room. And if Ethan isn't sleeping soundly, my chorus of noises wakes him up. I'm such a freak.

Supposed to be getting together with two girlfriends today, one of whom has a 4 month old and the other of whom has a 7 month old. Coordinating a get-together around 3 sets of naptimes is impossible. Don't even bother trying it. I'm not sure who's coming today and whether we're all going to overlap for more than 10 minutes.

Tomorrow's our church clothing/toy swap, which I'm really hoping goes well, since I'm the one who organized it. We'll see. I'm just glad it'll be done soon, and, if nothing else, we'll have stuff to donate to charity at the end of the day tomorrow.

No comments: