Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thursday?

It's Thursday, right? These holiday mid-week manage to eliminate any tenuous grasp I have on remembering what day it actually is. I'm fairly certain it's Thursday. If it's not, I'm in trouble, because I have plans on Friday. Going shopping with my best friend. I need clothes for work, so we're going to take a trip to the Auburn Supermall- a wonderous place with a Gap and an Ann Taylor Loft outlet. I've been buying clothes at Target and Ross, which is fine, but they tend to fall apart after one or two washings, so I'm going to try to spend slightly more money, in the hopes of getting slightly better quality clothes.

Speaking of clothes, I'm blatantly ignoring the fact that the washing machine and dryer are both silent, since this indicates that I should get up, remove one load from the dryer and put another one (the 4th or 5th of the afternoon) in the dryer. But I dont want to. I spent the early afternoon sorting through Ethan's closet and trying to figure out where I'm going to put the bags of clothes that we inherited yesterday from my relatives and all the new clothes that we got as gifts this weekend. Fortunately, I have a girlfriend who I can pass the extra things on to, and we're getting ready to have a clothing swap at church, but I still have lots of clothes to somehow cram into the closet and dresser.

I also spent the morning being incredibly annoyed at the fact that baby clothes sizing rivals women's clothes sizing for confusion and inaccuracy. My baby is concomitantly wearing 0-3 month clothes, 3 month clothes and 6 month clothes. And dont even get me started on how confused I am by trying to figure out the difference between 6 month clothing and 6-9 month clothing. Apparently one should be worn up UNTIL the baby is 6 months old, and the other BEGINNING at 6 months of age. Ugh.

Okay, okay, I'll go finish the laundry. Sigh.

1 comment:

BJ said...

Isn't that baby sizing the worst? I have learned after a few babies to judge by looking at it, but I sure couldn't on my first. Glad you had a good Christmas - happy shopping!