Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Things that make me smile

As I've posted about before, one of my biggest struggles with my new life as a stay-at-home mom is the lack of socializing and the loneliness of being home with only a baby and some cats for company. I left the condo this morning for the first time since we got home from church on Sunday afternoon. And that was just to take out the recycling. I still put on makeup :)

One of the ways that I survive the days is fantasizing about 8:30 PM, when I'm done with Ethan's last evening feeding, and I can have a glass of wine. Or two. Another way I survive is by reading people's blogs. Lots of blogs.

One of the blogs that I read often is "Mommy Needs a Cocktail." This woman writes great posts, and has ADORABLE merchandise that reflects how I feel many days. And she has contests quite frequently, which are fun ways to vent about life as a mom. She has another contest going on right now. Go take a look- the website is located here.

3 comments:

Lindsey Kate said...

Seems like just yesterday that I was feeling cooped up after the birth of my first child. This is the part of motherhood that (almost) every mom experiences but no one tells you about in advance. The isolation can be suffocating at times, but it will be such a short time until Ethan is playing at the park and you will find a social network among other moms. And, believe it or not, the day will come when you will look back on these days at home with a fond nostalgia.

Saying a prayer for you today ...

carrie said...

I wish they had blogs when I had my first . . . almost 11 years ago! Well, maybe they did, but I didn't know about them. Anyway, glas Ethan is feeling better.

I loved your snow picture! Too bad it turned into rain. :(

carrie said...

"glad" not "glas" - Sorry.