Monday, December 3, 2007

Singing in the rain...

Okay. Not singing. More like sighing and quietly complaining to myself about the gigantic volume of heavy precipitation that has been falling from the skies for the last three days. It has to stop eventually, right? I'm trying to not remember that I was in Hawaii, basking in the sunshine, on this day last year.

So, today I decided to do a fast. Not from food, but from TV. I've gotten really bad about the amount of TV that I watch lately. It seems like it's usually on in the background. And Ethan's to the age where he not only can see the TV, but he is drawn to it. Daniel and I keep laughing that when we put Ethan in his exersaucer, no matter what direction he's facing in the beginning, within less than a minute he's turned himself to watch the TV.

And the TV is having a bad effect on me as well. I keep saying that I don't have the time to read my Bible or devotion books or do the praying and meditating that I should be doing. But I watch re-runs of the Real Housewives of Orange County for hours. This is not right.

Unfortunately, I ended up swamped with work today (I know, I shouldn't be blogging), so I probably wouldn't have watched TV anyway today. So I may have to continue the TV fast another day. We'll see how long I can make it.

I think that, when I get done with work and make it to my Bible-reading time, I'm going to have to start with the sections on Noah building an ark...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good luck with your fasting. Sometimes, I just need to veg out in front of the t.v. and not think about anything. When I end up watching marathons of The Closer, I know that veg time is over.