Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Resurfacing- briefly

It's been a busy week around here. A bunch of projects went into hyperdrive at work, with everyone scrambling to get reports and work products and everything but the kitchen sink out the door before people start disappearing for Christmas and New Years. I've worked 15 hours already this week, which is a little overwhelming, given that it's been done mostly from home, while trying to entertain Ethan at the same time. I think things are going to slow down a bit now though. I hope.

Tonight I get to have a fun evening though, I'm off to a women's dessert at my church. Even though I'm scared of talking to people I don't know, I think there will be quite a few friends of mine there, so I should be able to hang out with them and have a good time. And dessert is involved, so it has to be a good evening :)

Also trying to get ready for heading to Canada on Saturday morning. We'll be up there until Christmas Day. Staying with my in-laws in their tiny condo. I'm not sure how that's going to go. They did come down this past Saturday for the day. We met up for lunch at a Chinese restaurant, then they followed me around the Asian grocery store and around Trader Joes, while I shopped. You haven't lived until you've tried to shop, while being trailed by your husband, baby, mother/father/brother in law, and their friend.

We ended our day on Saturday by wandering around the very very crowded Best Buy and Target. Where we lost my father in law at one point, and their friend at another point. I actually found my father in law, and had to try to explain to him (his English isn't the greatest) that he needed to stay with me, while Daniel rounded up the rest of the family from where they'd gone off looking for my father in law. It was pretty darned entertaining.

I think Ethan's nap is going to be a short one, so I better wrap this up and get some things done around the house.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sounds like you'll continue to be busy, too! Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!