Tuesday, December 25, 2007

It is SO good to be home

We're home from Canada. I survived a pretty good, but very long 4 days with my in-laws and assorted other Chinese people in Canada. I understood only about 10% of the conversations the whole time, since most of them were conducted in Cantonese. I ate a vast amount of Chinese food, which caused my baby to produce more dirty diapers each day than he normally produces in a week. I caught a cold Friday, so felt pretty awful for most of the trip.

But- we got lots of gifts on Sunday night (I LOVE presents!), had fun with Daniel's parents, and learned a lot about Daniel's family. And we got some nice family pictures on Monday. And we finally got the photos for Ethan's Canadian citizenship card- it's too hard to do that in the US, as the Canadians are VERY VERY picky about the pictures. So, overall it was a very successful trip.

I am so tired. I never want to leave home again. Now I'm just hoping that Ethan might decide to sleep through the night tonight. It really is a shame that 4 month olds cant be bribed. He could probably get a car for sleeping well tonight.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Glad you're back safely!

Don't worry, you'll get plenty of mileage out of bribes soon enough! ;)