Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The first hard decision

We got a phone call from our first choice daycare today- Ethan has a spot in February! I'm glad, but also feel like crying. This is hard.

Here's the dilemma. 1) I'm not very good at just playing with Ethan and spending time doing baby activities. I get distracted by the computer and my work email. I spend my day running back and forth to the computer when he's napping and rushing to get work done, and getting annoyed (very wrongly so) when he wakes up from his nap before I finish my emails/edits to the manuscript/whatever else.

2) This daycare is two blocks from our home. It has Spanish lessons and music lessons and field trips to Seattle Center and to the local retirement home. It's very highly thought of.

3) But Ethan is my baby. How can I leave him.

I hate these situations when there is no right choice. And I know that this is just the first of many hard decisions that Daniel and I are going to have to make as parents. I'm not ready for this.

2 comments:

BJ said...

I don't envy your decision. I'm thankful to have never had to make this decision. Praying for peace for you.

Nan said...

You can always give the daycare/work a chance and if it is not working change your mind... Just a thought.