Monday, November 12, 2007

You guys better appreciate this post

I'm using up my remaining store of energy to write this post. I hope you all appreciate it. :)

We had a good trip on the train on Thursday to Portland. And a good weekend at my grandmother's house. Then I got sick about halfway through the weekend, and my voice has been completely gone since Saturday night. Ethan keeps staring at me, as if thinking "you look like my mommy, but you dont sound like her." We got home last night, thank goodness. It's always so nice to get home and get us all back to our routines.

Although it's great to be home, today sucked. Big time. Ethan wasn't bad last night, but I couldnt breathe when I tried to sleep and kept coughing, so I was up half the night. Thankfully Daniel took the 6 AM wakeup call from Ethan and fed him a bottle, so I got to sleep a bit more. But when I got up at 9, there was a work crisis going on, and our cat Jenny had decided to punish us for our absence this weekend by wetting on our bed and Ethan's playmat. So, I got to do laundry this morning, in between answering work emails and trying to convince Ethan to nap. And coughing.

Daniel is due home any minute. He's probably going to find me sprawled out in the middle of the floor and trying to convince Ethan not to cry. Because Ethan has either caught what I have, or is teething. If we survive this week, it's going to be a miracle.

2 comments:

BJ said...

Awwwww....I have been there so many times. You have my compassion and admiration. I hope whatever it is gets better or comes in (teeth!) soon. And that you get better.

Karen said...

I can totally relate to this one. I'm mentally plotting my run away from home as I type this.