Friday, November 30, 2007

A Friday Post- or- I'm too tired to come up with a good title

Ethan's in his crib whining to his mobile about what a mean mommy he has. For some reason I seem to think that he needs sleep occasionally and keep trying to get him to nap. There has been VERY little sleeping on his part for the last 24 hours, and I am determined to change that.

The munchkin decided to run his first fever last night. Never got above 99.6 (armpit temperature), so wasn't a fever worthy of calling the doctor. At least, that's what I kept telling Daniel. In our house, the roles of "worrier" and "it's fine, it's nothinger" are a little reversed. When something goes wrong with Ethan, no matter how minor, Daniel's the one that clutches the baby in fear and says "should we take him to the doctor/emergency room?" And I say "no, it's nothing". But then I sneak into the living room and look things up on the computer, or pull out one of my multitudes of baby books to research the issue.

Ethan's fever went down by 1:30 AM, but then he had an upset tummy and seemed to just generally be feeling rotten. This led to him deciding that I was not allowed out of his sight all night, so he slept on the bed next to me during his brief sleeping times, against my better judgment. Daniel was banished to our bedroom, since we do need him to actually do decently at his job during the day.

This was just a very minor illness, and he seems to be pretty much better today, if a little fussy. I'm dreading the first real sickness. It's so hard to see your little one feeling bad and not be able to fix it.

So, we're going to just rest today and hopefully Ethan will be feeling completely better soon. I hope you all have a great weekend- they're predicting snow here in Seattle! Stay warm and well!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I hope Ethan feels better soon! A sick baby is never fun!

And if you get snow and feel up to it, go outside and try to catch a snowflake on your tongue for us Southerners who rarely get the chance to do such things. :)

BJ said...

So sorry you have to go through this. Sickies are so tiring for Mommy, and definitely hard on Baby. We've had a few snow flurries the past two days, but no accumulation. If we have to have winter, I'd like to at least have a white Christmas, something we haven't had much of in the past few years.

carrie said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Ethan's good health . . . and for snow! :)