Saturday, October 13, 2007

What a great weekend so far!

I am having the best weekend! Last night I got to go to a wonderful and very fun Seattle Mom Bloggers event. I'll post pictures soon, when I get them off my camera. The event was hosted by Method (the cleaning products). We got to check out the cleaning products, which I already loved, and like even more now, enjoy fun cocktails made by Liquid Muse , and, most importantly, chat with a whole bunch of the other Seattle Mom Bloggers. All of whom were great. The funniest part of the evening, in my opinion, was when we would meet someone new. People would introduce themselves by name, then stare at each other's chests, where the nametags were that indicated the name of the blog that the person wrote. It's so strange to not know someone's name, but to know pretty much every other detail of their lives.

Today Daniel and I traded off getting haircuts and going to the gym. He went and did both in the morning, then I went to the gym after he got home. Later in the day, I went up to the Gene Juarez Academy, where I got a fabulous haircut for $12. And, honestly, it's probably the best haircut I've ever had. It's short, but will be easy to deal with in the mornings. I might actually be able to look decent during the day, and to avoid the omnipresent ponytail. I miss running Saturday errands with Daniel, but it was nice to get things done.

The other thing we did today was get passport photos taken for Ethan. Poor Ethan, he's going to have to spend the first 5 years of his life with a passport photo with his mom's hand holding him from behind his head. My fingers are visible in the photo, but that's about the only way you can get a photo of a 2-month old against the required background at the photo store.

And, to top it all off, tonight we went out to Fisherman's Terminal in Ballard and had a lovely dinner at Chinook's. A great restaurant with great food, and fairly noisy, so no one would notice a screaming baby. Ethan actually slept the whole time though, so Daniel and I were able to sit and hold hands and chat. It was all nice.

Tomorrow's church and some family time. I've had a great last 24 hours getting stuff done on my own. And I am so blessed to have a husband who never complains or acts at all unwilling to watch the baby while I'm gone. I know I've said this before, but seeing Daniel with Ethan, and how wonderfully he takes care of him... just makes me fall even more in love with him.

I'll post pictures from Friday night and of my new haircut soon!

3 comments:

BJ said...

So glad you had a good day. One 24 period can go a long way to help when you're stuck at home a lot. My husband is taking my four oldest to church today, then to his parents for the afternoon, and I'm staying home and SLEEPING!!! I am so blessed. Happy Sunday!

carrie said...

Can't wait to see your new hairdo! I'm sure it's cute.

The Daring One said...

I'm so glad you made it out to the party and stayed so long. Go YOU! Thanks so much for coming out so I could meet you and I'm glad you had such a great weekend.