Monday, October 8, 2007

Serious double standard

My husband's way to unwind after work (and he works very hard) is to come home and look at real estate online, or research some new and fancy electronic gadget, or read his work email. I realized last week that either he or I was on the computer at most points in the evening, while the other person had the munchkin. This, obviously, prevents us from spending time together. So I suggested that we not have the computer on in the evening. He agreed. I made it to 9 PM and then broke down and turned the computer on. If he had turned on the computer, I would have been annoyed, but I have a massive double standard when it comes to computer time, so felt that it was fine that I broke the rule.

Busy busy days since I last blogged. I actually made it to the gym last Thursday morning at 5:30. It's surprisingly crowded that early in the morning. I don't remember what else I did that day, because I was so tired that I spent most of the day in a daze.

Friday we headed to Sandpoint, Idaho, for the reunion with my friends- most of whom I had worked with during a summer mission in Ukraine. We had a great weekend catching up and talking over old memories. It was a long drive with the extra stops to feed Ethan, but he was really good overall, and we had a pretty good trip. The weekend was wonderful, and so worth the drive. We made it home last night, and it's good to be home.

Today I started doing some work for my job. I am so blessed to have a job that is really flexible, and to have a boss that's willing to send me a few hours of work here and there that I can do in my spare time. It felt so good to use my brain again! I think I accomplished more today than I have since before Ethan was born- when I have one thing to do, I seem to have more energy to get other things done too.

So, that's the round-up of my life this past few days. Not too much exciting going on this week- just a fun Seattle Mom Blogger activity planned for Friday night. I'm really looking forward to it- will blog more about that later.

No comments: