Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I'm pretty sure his first words are going to be "Target" and "QFC"

I really need to find new hobbies. We have spent so much time (and money!) at Target since Ethan's birth. It's kind of scary. And we seem to end up at QFC most days, since we can get there without driving. I seem to always come up with something that I forgot to get at the store on our shopping trip the day before. At least it keeps us busy. Today there was a kid throwing a huge temper tantrum at Target. No big deal to people there, especially since almost everyone at Target in the middle of a weekday is a mom with a child. I think most of us were just being glad that it wasn't our kid. The little boy must have screamed for 15 minutes though. You could hear him all around the store. You have to admire that kind of commitment to a tantrum. Must have taken a lot of energy.

Another good PEPS meeting today. It's so nice to be able to get out of the house and spend time trading battle stories with people in a similar situation to myself. And it's fun to see all the other babies.

In my exciting news of the week, I made it to the gym yesterday! It felt great to get moving. I need to find some sort of routine for working out. I'm contemplating going early in the morning- not sure if I'll have the energy or not. We'll see. These are the kinds of things that fill up my mind lately- gym visits, feeding schedules, cooking dinner. And they take up a lot of time and energy. But I have to remember that I don't need to have everything figured out yet. Ethan is only 7.5 weeks old- I'm not supposed to be the expert on anything just yet. Which is hard for me, because I like to figure things out and feel like I know what I'm doing. Not an option here. Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if God didn't send me this kid to teach me humility and patience. Hopefully it wont be too hard of a lesson.

No comments: