Friday, October 12, 2007

A good way to damage your marriage

If there are any men out there, looking for a fast and easy way to irritate their wives, here's a good one. Wait until 4 AM when the baby starts crying. Mumble something in your sleep and burrow deeper into the covers. Then, once said wife has left the bedroom to go have her nipples chewed on by your piranha-like child/hooked up to a machine resembling an automatic cow milker, take all of the bed covers, roll yourself up in them in a cocoon-like lump, place yourself in the middle of the bed, and put your head on the corner of her pillow. This will go over smashingly with her when she returns from the baby's room 45 minutes later, hoping desperately for more sleep.

:) I should cut him some slack- he's so good to me the rest of the time, I guess I cant blame his semi-conscious self for his actions.

I'm going to leave the house tonight! After dark! I'm going to a Seattle Mom Blogs party this evening. Which doesn't even start until 8. It is supposed to last until 11, but I'm fairly sure that I'll turn into a pumpkin before then, so doubt that I'll make it that long. I am usually sound asleep by 10 these days. But, anyway, I get to go socialize with adults! My need to get out and do something fun is actually trumping my fear of talking to strangers, and I'm really excited. Now I just have to figure out what to wear that will fit both at the beginning of the party and also several hours later when my bosom area has doubled in size. The fun challenges of dressing as a nursing mom. I'll report back on the event tomorrow. I'm so excited!!!

3 comments:

carrie said...

Yes, a night out is definitely well-deserved and long over due!

Looking forward to meeting you this evening, and don't worry - we're all nervous and excitied about partying with total strangers! :)

Bananas said...

I'm so glad you're coming... I'm already caffeinating in an attempt to keep myself up so LATE! ;)

JaniceNW said...

It was great meeting you. I would have literally kicked my husband out of my side if the bed, if I were you.

Hope you get some extra sleep soon!