Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Busy- and loving it!

Ah- the contentment that comes along with a full calendar :) I'm kind of disturbed that way- when I have nothing to do and nothing going on, I turn into a big lump on the couch, and even simple tasks get complicated. But when things start picking up, I build momentum and it's full-speed ahead!

We're busy these days. I've been working as much as possible, during Ethan's naptimes and a bit on the weekend when Daniel can hang out with him. We have a paper that we're submitting to a journal for publication in January, so there's lots of work to be done for that.

And our social life is getting busy too. Between PEPS and church and hanging out with other friends and trips, we've managed to book up most of November. I actually had to turn down several invitations this week!

But, in the midst of all of this, I'm still having to learn balance. Yesterday I bought treats at the store (for a party we're going to tonight) instead of trying to bake something, as I had planned. And we have to accept invitations and make plans while still leaving lots of time for Ethan's naps. We didn't do that on Saturday and paid the price.

It's so nice to be coming out of the "new-baby" bubble and re-entering the real world!

Picture of our pumpkin patch outing on Saturday:

1 comment:

carrie said...

Look at that happy family! Too cute!

Did Ethan like the pumpkins?? :)