Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thursday morning

I'm still having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that 4 weeks ago, I was heading to the hospital, carrying a very large stomach with me. And now, here I sit in the living room, with a much smaller stomach, and a whole little person in the next room. Weird. I wonder how long it's going to take before I stop spending every Thursday and Friday (the days of the week I was in the hospital trying to deliver Ethan) thinking "okay, X weeks ago at this time I was doing..."



This morning I'm watching Design Star on my On Demand cable. I love On Demand. I think it was invented for stay-at-home moms. It's truly fabulous. Truly. And I'm waiting nervously for crying sounds to come from the other room. Which they will. Soon. There has been a lot of crying in this home since 4:30 AM. 95% of it has been Ethan's. I think that's a pretty good split. We've had a rough couple of nights- Ethan likes to wake up at 4:30, eat a little, fall asleep, refuse to eat any more, even after a diaper change and a burping session to wake him up, then scream bloody murder when I put him down, because he's still hungry. Repeat endlessly until 6 or 6:30, when we both fall into an exhausted sleep. He's a cute baby though, so I cant be too mad at him.



Anyway, it's about time for the first load of laundry of the day. We dirtied 3 sleepers and 2 sets of sheets between going to bed last night and getting up this morning. That takes skills. :) I should also try to find the cats. They hung around this morning for the first 15 minutes of baby freak out time, but then got disgusted by the screaming and crying and went to sleep somewhere. Poor furbabies. They've really handled all of this quite well. Here's a picture of Gracie snuggling with the baby during feeding time. Too cute.






1 comment:

kyouell said...

Ooh, nice looking Boppy!

Maybe it was just for the photos (which I totally understand), but my son would be a cranky eater if anything was touching his head. Funny, I had forgotten that until I saw that photo. Perhaps blankets or other things are bugging him?