Wednesday, September 5, 2007

So many diapers

I've changed Ethan's diaper 5 times in the 2.5 hours we've been up and about this morning. He's quite gifted at diaper dirtying. I'm so proud :) He's kind of a gassy baby, no matter what I eat. I've been avoiding dairy, spicy foods, broccoli, onions, peppers, etc. But Ethan still has lots of gas. Which leads to lots of explosive diapers. At least we know his system is working well!

Currently it's nap time here, but Ethan has decided that he doesn't want to sleep. Apparently crying is much more interesting. I think that he's going through Nana and Grandpa withdrawal. They just left this morning, after 9 days of holding the baby pretty much constantly. I know today is going to be a rough day for them- they live on the other side of the US, and wont see Ethan again until Thanksgiving.

We had a pretty good visit. Managed to do quite a bit- Ethan had his first trip to his daddy's office, to the library, rode on the Seattle Monorail, went to the Ballard Locks and saw boats and salmon, and met a whole bunch of assorted relatives. Daniel and I were able to go out to dinner alone twice, which was nice. Today is shockingly quiet in comparison- I'm just doing laundry and making a grocery list for a trip to QFC later this afternoon. I need to start getting in some sort of routine for my days, a routine other than watching too much TV and snacking too often. Although that's a really fun routine, so far :)

To Kate- who commented on my last post- thank you, thank you, thank you. I had a bunch of re-usable cloth nursing pads, and those weren't stopping the leaking. It didn't occur to me to try the disposable ones (I plead sleep deprivation). Got some Lansinoh pads and haven't leaked on my clothes since. It makes me actually willing to leave the house for more than an hour-thanks!


Here's a new picture of us with our cute boy!The odd shape in the background is the crib tent- to keep out the cats.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Kate rocks.

Glad you had a good visit with the folks. :)

Love, love, love the picture.

JaniceNW said...

Ya'll look good for not sleeping for a few weeks! I know the little guy will remember the monorail trip for the rest of his life!!!