Thursday, September 27, 2007

A happy boy

I'm holding a very happy little boy right now. Why is he happy, you ask? Because I have been holding him, non-stop, for the last 3 hours. Before that, he was in his stroller, which (when in motion) is apparently also acceptable.

I got to experience true longing this afternoon when we returned home from our walk. I had purchased a Subway sandwich while we were out, and put it on a plate (with my free hand), and carried it to the coffee table (with one hand), then sat on the couch. Where I soon realized that the sandwich was out of my reach. And Mr. Ethan had no intention of letting me put him down to get the plate. So there I sat, on the couch, holding the baby, staring at my sandwich and poking the cats with my toes every time they tried to climb up on the table and check out my lunch. This was particularly bad, as I was watching an episode of Season 1 Top Chef at the time, and was being taunted by fabulous looking food on the TV screen. I've got to stop watching that show- it makes me too hungry! Maybe I can sue the producers for their role in preventing me from losing this baby weight :)

I did finally get to eat, about 30 minutes later, when I put down the baby, grabbed the plate, and inhaled the sandwich before Ethan started screaming again. I'm fairly certain that I'm qualified to enter speed-eating competitions at this point. I haven't thoroughly chewed my food in almost 7 weeks.

But he's so darned cute, I don't mind. I just wish his daddy would hurry up and come home. I have to go to the bathroom.

No comments: