Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Wednesday-part 2

Still no word from the hospital. I did talk to my doctor, and she seems to think we still need to go ahead with the induction this evening. To answer someone's question- I'm being induced slightly early (I'm due this Saturday), due to some ongoing high blood pressure problems. My small army of doctors decided that once I got past 39 weeks, there was no point in the baby staying put any longer, since my risk of complications from my blood pressure and risk of the placenta ceasing to function properly would just continue to rise as the pregnancy continued. Unfortunately, the baby seems to think otherwise.

Thanks to you all for your suggestions to rest. I did take a nap this morning and now am trying to part Daniel from his Blackberry long enough to eat lunch.

2 comments:

mary said...

carrie- i'm praying for you today. I hope it all works well either way. Good luck!!! Can't wait to see Lucky!!!!

Karen said...

I will continue stalking your blog for the next 24 hours.

I feel your pain with the Blackberry. Mine has a Treo that he loves and caresses and whispers sweet nothings to.