Friday, August 3, 2007

It's funny until it happens to you

Since I've been at the hospital twice a week for non-stress tests, I've had the opportunity to see a lot of other pregnant women and the chance to see several sets of couples heading home with their new babies. The latter group is my favorite thing to watch. Usually there's a dad carrying the bags (so many bags!) and a mom carrying the carseat. And both of them inevitably have this totally blank and shell-shocked expression on their face- and you can practically hear the thoughts: "They're just going to let us LEAVE with this baby?" and "Oh my goodness, what have we done." Like I said, it's been amusing until now. I'm guessing Sunday or Monday or Tuesday when it's me, I'm going to be less amused.

I'm on maternity leave now. Weird feeling. Have a NST this AM, then am hanging out with my best friend today (she's a school teacher, so she's off work). I've managed to convince her to go grocery shopping with me, then we're going to walk (must get this baby to move down!) and go to lunch too. I'm looking forward to it.

So, that's the update from here. I have to call tomorrow AM and see if they have a space for me. Then the fun begins!

No comments: