Sunday, August 5, 2007

Failed induction

We're back home. We finally got in to the hospital at 2:30 yesterday. They started pitocin at 5:45, since I was 3 centimeters dilated and 60% effaced. After a sleepless night of pitocin, and some mildly painful contractions, I was at 3 cm and 60% effaced. The doctors couldnt reach the membranes to strip them. So they tried more pitocin all day today, and this evening I was (shock coming here) 3 cm and 60% effaced. So they sent us home to rest and we'll try again on Wednesday. We're tired and a little discouraged. It was a pretty awful experience all together, and it's discouraging to think of doing it again in a few days. But hopefully this time we'll have a much better outcome.

Thanks for your thoughts and well wishes.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oooh, I'm so sorry Carrie!!!

I will begin praying that he comes on his own between now and Wednesday. :) Hang in there, friend.

MamaBear said...

I'm sorry, too. It must be so exasperating to get your hopes up and then be told you've got to wait a few more days. Maybe God's got a special blessing for you during these days of waiting... praying for you ...

kate said...

Oh man, that stinks. I was sent home from the hospital to wait as well, and it is agonizing.

Praying for things to begin happening very soon...good luck!