Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday morning

I actually made it to work before 11 today! Today is one of the two marvelous days a week when I don't have to go to the doctor or the hospital and be poked and prodded. Although we do have an infant CPR class at the hospital tonight, so it's not a completely free day.

This morning's bus ride was very interesting. The bus was fairly crowded, but Daniel and I managed to get seats together near the front of the bus. About 30 seconds later, we realized that Daniel was sitting next to a gentleman who didn't smell that great. And who was muttering loudly to himself in Spanish. Carrying on a whole conversation. Which is not really that unusual on downtown buses, to be honest. But, then the gentleman pulled out a plastic bag full of weeds, just like the ones I used to pull out of my parents' yard when I was a kid, and began to eat them. It was a very interesting ride downtown.

More reasons why I love my husband and know he's going to be a great dad- last night we were watching TV, and I mentioned that I was having more Braxton-Hicks than usual. He looked at me with a look of total excitement and said "can I start timing them?" I informed him that they were very mild and I didn't usually notice a distinct start or stop, so they would be hard to time. He didn't mention it again. Until this morning, when we got off the bus (he decided to walk the extra few blocks to get a break from the loud Spanish conversation and weed eating going on next to him). Daniel turned and looked at me and said "do you think I might be able to time contractions tonight?" He's so darned cute!

Now I'm hoping even more to go into labor on my own and not have to be induced. This is going to be our only biological child, so I hate the thought of him not getting to have a real part in it (he does plan to cut the cord and do things like that after the baby is born). I need to figure out a way to get him more involved now. He does talk to the baby and ask how Lucky's doing, but due to his work load, he hasn't been able to come to my multitudes of appointments with me, so I think he's feeling a little out of the loop. Just a little while longer though, and he'll have plenty of involvement with the little one!

No comments: