Thursday, July 12, 2007

Psalm 139

Psalm 139:14I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

A friend of mine asked me yesterday how it feels to know that my body is preparing itself for childbirth. Truthfully, really really strange. Mostly because I have no conscious part in the whole process. Here I am, going about my daily life- going to work, to the gym, out on mini-dates with Daniel, shopping, feeding the cats, and all the while, my body is going through this amazing process of growing a completely new human being, and preparing for his arrival into the world. To a control freak like me, that's all really amazing and humbling. My body knows the schedule for this whole childbirth thing- I didn't have to put anything on my Outlook calendar as a reminder to tell my cervix to start moving and dilating- I didn't have to nag the baby into dropping down, it all just happened.

I have to say, Psalm 139:14 has been in my mind a lot these days. God's ways really are amazing and incredible.

PS- Harry Potter 5 rocked.

No comments: