Thursday, July 5, 2007

Contemplations on waddling

The thing I never realized about the pregnant lady waddle is that, by the time you get to the point that you are waddling, you no longer care that you cant walk properly, as long as you have somehow managed to propel yourself out of whatever chair/bed you were sitting/lying on, and are in fact moving in the direction that you want to go.

I just got completely worn out walking three blocks to get lunch. We really need to schedule naptime into the modern American workday.

We had a good 4th- spent a relatively quiet morning at home. I waddled to the grocery store, came home, made a red potato and asparagus salad for the BBQ we were going to, worked on organizing some of the closets in the condo (we're out of space!), went to the BBQ and saw out of town family, came home and sorted through more hand-me-down baby clothes. Then we watched the two nice sets of Seattle fireworks from our building's roof. Where it was about 20 degrees cooler than inside. The needle on our thermostat is so high that you can barely see it in the little window anymore.

This morning we woke up early, thank goodness, because by 7 AM, there were 3 Hispanic construction workers standing on the scaffolding outside our bedroom and living room windows, and doing something with the window frames. Our cats are totally freaked out.

Not sure what tonight has in store. We're supposed to go to the gym, but I just don't know if I can handle it. And, unfortunately, it's a ride-the-bus evening, which can be okay, but people haven't been giving me a seat, and it's tough to stand that long, especially in the heat (disclaimer- I do realize it's not really that hot in Seattle. But we don't have air conditioning at home, and I'm a 5th generation Northwesterner, so I'm genetically incapable of dealing with weather above 70 degrees under normal circumstances, much less 8 months pregnant). Whatever we end up doing, I guarantee that eating ice cream will be on the schedule somewhere!

No comments: