Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A beautiful day in the neighborhood

It's so pretty here today! I love Seattle when we have real Seattle summer weather. Just gorgeous.

Last night we had an interesting commute home. We left work at 4:30 and went to the gym, where I got my typical stares from the other professional, downtown worker bees at the gym. I think the main thoughts are "wow- she's the size of a small hippopotamus" and "I really hope she doesn't go into labor while I'm working out on the elliptical trainer next to her". Then we headed to the bus stop, noticing many fire trucks and police cars, as well as some blocked off streets. Turns out there was a shooting 1/2 block from our bus stop, at 4:30. So if we'd gone straight home after work, it might have been a bit of a scary evening. Things had calmed down considerably by the time we got to our stop, but still a large police presence and crime scene tape and things like that. Then we almost got run over by a SUV while walking from the bus stop near our condo to my beloved grocery store. God certainly had angels around my little family yesterday.

Last night was kind of funny once we got home. I feel a certain amount of pressure to do stuff and go places this week. But once I work all day and then go to the gym and deal with the bus and the walk home, I just don't have any energy left. So, last night I was lying on the couch,w watching Antiques Roadshow (after finally getting around to dusting the living room!), and said to Daniel- "What do you want to do this evening." He, of course, threw the question back to me. To which I had to answer honestly "this!". It seems sad in some ways to spend my last few weeks of baby-free life, lying around on the couch watching PBS, but truthfully, that's more appealing than pretty much any other activity that I can think of. We're getting real cable on Wednesday, so I guarantee you that my evenings will pretty much remain the same the rest of the week.

Okay, I need to get to reading my contaminated site summaries. Nothing like reports about heavy metals in dirt to perk up your day! :)

No comments: