Thursday, June 21, 2007

Wow

I cant believe it, but I'm already at the point of my pregnancy where I have to start emailing my clients to warn them of my upcoming leave. 7 weeks and a few days to go until D-day (assuming my regular doctor agrees with the hypertension doctor about inducing on-time/early).

I've been sitting around the office today, quietly singing "All by myself, don't wanna be, all by myself" a la Bridget Jones. All the Boston people are taking a writing course, and the Seattle people are at a mercury conference. I'm doing random things around the office. More maternity leave prep and document management type stuff. I think I'll probably leave early and go do something fun this afternoon. I was really hoarding my PTO, but then it occurred to me that after the little one comes I wont get to 1) sleep or 2) go places by myself, so I feel it's a valuable use of my PTO to do those things now. But I'm going to try to stick it out a few more hours today. Until I figure out what I'm going to go do this afternoon, at least.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I just did some catch up reading here.

I can relate to your pre-baby jitters. I remember them well with each one.

What will surprise you, though, is the depth and passion with which you find yourself loving this little person. It's more than you can possibly imagine or describe until you experience it. You will be amazed what you find yourself giving, foregoing, and doing for your child. Those things that you anticipate missing will be different but in place of those things will be something completely new and wonderful that you're not expecting.

Hang in there! Only a few more weeks to go! My sons both had big heads and I survived, all bits and pieces intact. :) You can do it!