Friday, June 8, 2007

And, finally Friday

Just sitting here at work, waiting for my coworker to return from his wife's "big ultrasound" and hear what gender of munchkin they're going to bring into the world. Trying to stay focused on the report I'm reading, but that's easier said than done. Every morning I hop out of bed with lots of energy, get ready for work, ride the bus to work, and by the time I walk the 3-6 blocks (depending on which bus I caught) to the office, I'm ready to go back to bed. It's vaguely ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that I can start out walking fairly normally, but by the time I get to work, I have developed a distinct waddle. Some mornings I feel like a waddling admonishment to use birth control.

I made a meet-and-greet appointment with a pediatrician, finally. It's at the pediatric clinic associated with the hospital where I'll be delivering. So, we'd be treated by a resident. Daniel isn't thrilled about that, just because the resident would leave after a year or two, and we'd have to switch doctors then. I cant seem to muster up any concern about that idea. We'll see what we think next month at the appointment, and if he's still uncomfortable with it, I'll go back to looking around for a doctor. I just want it done though.

My BP was high last night. Really really high. I don't usually take it right when I get home from work, but I did yesterday for some reason. It came down later and stayed down. Hopefully it was a fluke. I really don't want to have to add any more medication to my body at this point.

We're off to a play tonight, looking forward to that. Just a little local one at a local playhouse. I'm looking forward to dinner out and the show. I keep hearing that we need to fit these things in now, so we're doing our best!

No comments: