Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Update from today's appointments

The good news is, the baby is still a boy. :) Glad to know that, since I've been buying boy clothes for the last 7 weeks.

Bad news is, he's still really small. He's in the 30th percentile for his gestational age, which, again, they aren't totally worried about since Daniel and I are both small, but it's not great news. So, the hypertension doctors are going to adjust my blood pressure medication downwards, in the hopes that it will still control my hypertension but allow more blood flow to the baby and help him grow a little better. What it really means is a bunch more doctor's appointments and another ultrasound. Our 5th. It's going to be a very well photographed baby by the time he arrives.

Today's ultrasound was fun- the baby didn't really like being poked in the head and kicked me several times to voice his protest. We did get a cute view of his little face and were able to see him sleeping and opening and closing his little mouth. Seeing that helped my mood a lot. Somehow he has chubby cheeks, despite weighing only 2 pounds. More evidence that he's my kid, I suppose. According to the sonographer, he has plenty of room right now, which is why I'm not feeling him move too much. Why my uterus had to expand quite so much and leave so little room for my internal organs, if the baby isn't even using that space, I do not know.

Tomorrow morning- the Rh shot. In the bum. Really looking forward to that.

No comments: