Monday, May 21, 2007

This bothers my type A personality

Daniel and I were talking last night about our plans for Memorial Day weekend (sleep, sleep, watch TV, move furniture around, clean carpets, sleep) and it hit me that in many ways, planning for the baby is even more stressful than planning our wedding, for one primary reason. That reason being- I have no idea when my planning time is going to be up. Theoretically, we have 11 weeks and 5 days before this kid shows up. So we have very very little done. But people have babies early all the time, and they also have babies late all the time. So I have no idea how much time I really have. Just one more piece of evidence to show how truly out of control I am over this situation. If this kid has a personality like mine, he'll show up a day or two early. Don't want to be late for anything, but you don't want to show up so early that you disturb the hostess of the event in question. If he's like his father- I'll be gestating for about another 5 years. I'll give birth to a kindergartner.

We had a good, but busy weekend. Lots of shopping, lunches with friends, church stuff. I'm tired and Daniel is tireder, since he had such a long week last week. We're seriously counting the hours until our 3 day weekend. Not to mention the fact that the weather is grey and rainy here, which makes waking up on Monday morning very difficult.

My parents moved to Roanoke, Virginia this weekend. Dad called to say that they were there on Saturday, so hopefully they had a good Sunday and got much unpacked.

This will come as a shock to all of you- I have almost no work to do again today. Just some stuff to read about chemicals in plastics. Pretty interesting, at least, but it's only going to keep me occupied for so long.

No comments: