Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Survived the rhogam shot

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. There are benefits to getting a shot in the upper bum- primarily that you cannot see the size of the needle that you're being poked with. Glad to have that done though. It's still hard to believe that it's already come and gone though- I remember at an early appointment when we mentioned that I would need the shot at 28 weeks, it still seemed so very far away.

Feeling a little down again today, but nothing terrible. I managed to convince myself that coming to work was a good thing. That's an accomplishment. I think I'm just feeling the effects of all of the unknowns and worries. Daniel isn't concerned about the baby's small size or my medication changes. Blissfully ignorant. Meanwhile, I read articles about babies being small for gestational age, and quietly worry. There's also the added worry of the effect on my body of changing my medications. I've been fighting this high blood pressure battle for 9 years now, and I know how quickly and unexpectedly my body can (and has) decide to randomly not cooperate.

I hate that I dwell and worry so much. I suspect it's partially a symptom of the fact that I have allowed myself to get so very distracted by things, and that I haven't been spending the time in prayer and reading the Bible that I should. I lose track of Who is in control of all of this. I need to slow down and remember.

No comments: