Wednesday, April 18, 2007

One of the nicest things in the world

I've decided that one of the nicest things in the world is the feeling of my husband rolling over and hugging me in the middle of the night. And then rolling back to his side of the bed, where he belongs, so that he doesn't disturb my carefully arranged pregnant woman sleeping space. I find it amazing that he hugs me at all. I would hate someone who woke me up 4-6 times a night with their constant bathroom trips. But he's nicer than I am (much!) and so doesn't seem to be too upset by his fractured sleep.

I really have almost nothing to do at work today. I need to find something to do. I hate asking for work though. Inevitably I get 6 emails from 6 different people, all with a task that needs to be done RIGHT THEN!!!, so I quickly go from no work to scrambling to get things done. I should rearrange files in our workroom today. I've been needing to do that for a while. My office is clean, at least, which is nice. Trying to slowly prepare for my 6+ months away.

I'm very excited about a planned trip this October. When I was in college, I spent a summer working in Western Ukraine with my church. Taught English, did bible studies, etc. I was on the last of the summer teams that went, and there were a bunch before me. There was some overlap with workers, so I heard many stories about the ones who had come before me. The people I worked with are still some of my closest friends. And now one of the previous year's people is arranging a reunion in Idaho for early October. I didn't think we should try to make it, since Lucky will be so small, then I couldn't handle the thought of missing it, so we're just going to pray that he likes the car and likes to sleep, and that he's not the type of baby to eat hourly (that would make a 5 hour car trip a lot longer), and we've put it on our calendar! Of course, there are still many things that could keep us from going, but it's fun to have that in the future.

Okay, off to do what little work I have, and to beg for more work.

No comments: