Friday, April 20, 2007

Metal really DOES burst into flames in the microwave

So, Daniel came home last night. Then left again to go meet a friend for coffee. I did some laundry and cleaned, then finally settled down for dinner. A Lean Cuisine pizza. I found an old garlic butter sauce from Domino's in my fridge, so opened it to put on the pizza. Discovered it was solid (it's butter, after all), so took off the lid and put it in the microwave for 15 seconds to soften. Pressed the button and then watched flames LEAP up to the top of the microwave. Hurriedly pulled open the door and stopped the flames. Turns out there was the tiniest piece of the metal foil lid left on the rim, and that had ignited. I've never done that before! I think I shook for 30 minutes after that. Too much excitement for one day.

Last night Gray's Anatomy freaked out my beloved. There was a scene where one of the characters got an epidural. They showed the big needle. Daniel covered his eyes. I mentioned that, if I get an epidural when Lucky is born, that's what it'll look like. Daniel started shaking, much as I did after the microwave incident. He resumed the covering of his eyes, and looked like he was going to faint. So now we've made a deal that he gets to leave the room for any and all birth events involving any sort of needles. Poor guy. I think he's going to have a harder time with childbirth than I am. Hospitals, needles and blood are not his strong point. I really am not bothered by any of those (I worked as an EMT in college).

So, we're off to Denver and Boston tomorrow. We're looking forward to a change of scenery for a while. I'll post from Boston next week. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Libbysmom said...

Hey I saw your comment on House Arrest and thought I would come by and take a look. Epidurals aren't that bad girl!! I had one with my first and then a spinal with my second. The worst part is an eletric like shock you feel down your legs when it goes into your spine. But I LUVed it.