Thursday, March 1, 2007

Snow!

Okay, not actually here in downtown Seattle, but apparently there was quite a bit of snow in the communities just outside the city. My friend who teaches school in an area just 10 miles north of here has no school today. They're going to be in classes until August at this rate. Many many snow days this year. Here downtown I saw a few renegade flakes this morning. The ones that got lost in last night's snow storm and have been slowly wandering down I-5 and finding a nice place to fall.

So, I was thinking yesterday, after I posted. I made a comment about my body growing Lucky while I worked. And the more I thought about it during the day yesterday, the more I realized that I think that feeling is part of my problems right now. I don't really feel like I'm a part of this whole thing. My body is growing this baby just fine, and needs relatively little input from me to make it all go okay. Sure, I have to eat well and exercise, but I did those things before getting pregnant, so I haven't really changed my habits that much. When we were trying to conceive, I had things to do, temperatures to chart, calendars to contemplate. But now, I just wonder at the random feelings in my abdomen and obsessively check my profile in the mirror to see if anyone would ever guess that I was 4 months pregnant (the answer is still no, by the way).

Maybe when the baby starts moving around, I'll feel more connected.

No comments: