Monday, March 5, 2007

My Monday so far- and a few more shower details

I'll share a few more details of the shower- now that it's all a happy, rosy memory and not a looming dark cloud. We did have about 25 people there. It was completely packed. A bunch of us ended up standing for most of the event- which was fine, but a little tiring. We ended up with lots of extra food, mostly because the first group of women to go through the line to get food ended up staying in the kitchen/dining area and talking, and then no one else could actually get to the food to eat any. But I think people were fine with that. I told Daniel that I felt like the party was just an excuse for the women to get out of their houses, and the price of admission was a baby gift. Apparently my church doesn't believe in registries- I think the mom only got a few things off her registry, but she did get lots of other nice things. She told me the next day that she woke up at 5:30 AM, completely excited about all of the fun baby things that she had in the other room waiting for her. That was cute.

We played two games- the safety pin game where you can't say "baby". Someone's 7 year old daughter ended up winning that. She was ruthless. And we made them play a "name that nursery rhyme" game as well, which worked mainly to get everyone seated and quiet so that we could get the focus on the mom for a little while. I also had all the women write a message to the mom, which we gathered up and put in a small photo album for her to take home. She was really excited about those as well.

And the punch turned out marvelously- mostly because I did not make it. Thankfully one of the women in my home fellowship agreed to do it. She also had no idea what she was doing, but she was a good sport about it, and it tasted great.

Now I'm back in my wonderfully quiet office, with nothing to do except my piles of work. And of course, my every-30-minutes bathroom trips. Seriously, nice little baby, get off my bladder already!

I did have a fun morning here at work. We just got in some new file cabinets, and had to find places to put those. And we have a bunch of computer stuff that needed moving, in preparation for our IT guy's visit on Wednesday. Since I cannot move heavy furniture, I got to stand around and boss my other three co-workers. And they just had to do whatever I told them to do. Now that's what I call a good day :)

5 comments:

Ribbon Rock Star said...

Sounds like a very nice shower!
(I will admit that I do like getting out of the house for these!)

Linda

Karen said...

Yay! Sounds like it was great.

I love baby showers.

Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the party. Nice to meet ya.

My 3rd party favor give away has begun. If ya get a chance come on over.

PARTY ON!!!!

Susanne said...

Sounds like it was good! Saying hi from the blog party!

it's me, Val said...

I'm not sure where to post so I'll post here :) I'm from the party!! Your blog is really great - what an awesome idea!! Hope you continue to have a wonderful pg'cy!! Your cats in the pictures made me smile. Especially the seasonal disorder - we have a black cat exactly like that! Funny how different cats personalities are! Anyhow, happy partying and I hope you can stop over at my place @ Purple Valley :) Cheers!