Friday, March 9, 2007

Hiding from the fashion people

I cant remember if I've mentioned this before, but I work across the hall from fashion people. They always look fabulous. Effortlessly pulled together and gorgeous all the time. Whereas I start out tolerable in the morning, and go rapidly downhill after that. Today I think I started out somewhere much closer to the bottom of the hill. I'm wearing a maternity t-shirt from Target (love the fact that it's loose just below the "girls", which hides the annoying roll of fat that has accumulated there), my regular jeans, and a tummy sleeve to hold the jeans on. But the jeans are low-cut, so the tummy sleeve is having problems keeping them under control. And the whole combo is pushing my tummy out at a very odd angle. I just look strange.

To top it all off, having some nasty round ligament pain today. Daniel said this morning "well, that's good, since it's normal and means the baby is growing." I informed him that, in the future, telling me that things that HURT! are normal, will not be tolerated. He made me eat healthy food for dinner instead of the mac and cheese that I wanted, so he knew he was already on my bad list and kept quiet after that.

This weekend's fun and excitement- taxes! Thankfully not doing them ourselves. It's been a complicated year, financially, and we don't want to deal with it. I'm so glad to be married to a man who agrees with me about the worth of our time, when it comes to things we don't enjoy doing. If we can save time by paying someone a not-exorbitant amount of money to do the task for us, we're there.

No comments: