Friday, March 30, 2007

Can I ask for your input?

I need opinions on something. Daniel and I had thought, a couple of years ago, about getting a membership to the Seattle Art Museum. We usually like the special exhibits that come to town, so we go every few months. Often enough that the membership would be worth the money. Then the museum shut down for remodeling. It's reopening now- and we again have the option of becoming members. The thing is, I'm not sure how realistic museum visits will be once Lucky arrives. Or do you think it is something I would want to do, to get out of the condo on a rainy day this winter? The museum is a short bus ride from my home, and close to Daniel's office. I thought that maybe I would be able to take myself and the baby there on the bus, walk around, and enjoy being out. Something to do other than driving somewhere and shopping.

Is this completely crazy thinking? We have to decide by the end of April to get the discount on membership. But I don't know how these things work. I don't spend time with babies enough to know what they would want to do on a gloomy November day.

On another note- Wednesday night I read the letter that I had written myself at 20 to be opened on my 30th birthday. It was pretty depressing. My first serious boyfriend had just dumped me in December, and I was still really really sad. It kind of hurts to remember such pain. But it did remind me of how incredibly blessed I am at this point in my life. I don't deserve such wonderful blessings from God, but I am so grateful that He has decided to shower them on me just the same.

No comments: